Almost every country in the world has some form of curry that they call their own. Whether it’s a delicate Thai Curry, using the holy combination of sweet and sour with loads of coconut milk, or the more robust curries of India and the Far East, where curry powder and chilli play a leading role, it is the one dish that you should always try when visiting a new city or country.
At The Oyster Box, the incredible Curry Buffet in the Ocean Terrace offers a range of curries from around the world, to suit every palette and preference from vegetarian options to the Oyster Box’s famous mutton curry, prawn and chicken curry and freshly prepared sambals. With a delicate blend of spices and fresh herbs, each curry is a masterpiece in itself.
Executive Chef at The Oyster Box, Kevin Joseph shares his recipe for the perfect Butter Chicken:
– 1kg cubed chicken breast fillets
– 50g garlic paste
– 20g ginger paste
– 100g butter
– 30g paprika
– 20g cumin powder
– 200ml fresh cream
– 30g garam masala
– 100ml natural yoghurt
– 50ml pureed tomato
– 100g onion paste
– 40g mixed masala
– 20g dhania powder
– 50g chopped masala
1. Melt the butter; add onion, ginger, garlic, paprika, cumin powder, garam masala, dhania powder and the mixed masala. Cook until fragrant.
2. Add the chicken and yoghurt and cook for a further 4 minutes.
3. Add the tomato puree and cook for 8 minutes.
4. Add cream and reduce to a sauce consistency.
5. Season with salt and add clarified butter to finish the dish.
You can also try Kevin’s famous Durban Curry recipe.