The Oyster Box is an impressive venue in its own right, and the choice of three bars are no exception for guests and locals alike. Each with an individual identity, The Oyster Bar, Lighthouse Bar and Chukka Bar offer spectacular interiors, incredible views, cocktails to die for, live music and wonderful menus.
So whether you're relaxing with a loved one to enjoy cocktails at sunset, partying with friends into the night, or meeting colleagues over a morning coffee or lunchtime dining, there is the right venue to suit the occasion.
The Lighthouse Bar
The Lighthouse Bar is one of Durban’s hottest spots and offers breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean and the iconic red and white Umhlanga lighthouse.
- Magnificent terrace with 180-degree views of the coastline
- The most spectacular spot in KwaZulu-Natal to enjoy live music, sundowners, snacks or a light meal.
- Try our signature Umhlanga Schling cocktail using ingredients Durban is famous for - cane sugar and cane spirit.
- Popular meeting place for sports lovers on match days who come to enjoy the vibrant atmosphere and a game of soccer, cricket or rugby on the large plasma screens.
Daily from 10:00am - 00:00am
Wed - Fri: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
The Bee’s Knees
Apple Mint Cosmopolitan
Tel: +27 31 514 5018
NOTE: Our menus are not Kosher or Halaal
The Oyster Bar
With its long marble bar The Oyster Bar is one of the hotel’s most popular meeting places. Whether for coffee, a business meeting, pre-dinner drinks with friends, sundowners or cocktails, this venue buzzes with an energy and activity all of its own.
- The Oyster, Salmon & Sushi Bar offers a tantalising selection of sushi, fresh oysters, home-cured salmon, inspired Asian tacos, Asian prawn cocktail and delicious prawns and crayfish daily from 12:00am - 22:00pm.
- The Chef’s Table in the Wine Cellar (in The Oyster Bar), viewed through a glass ceiling. Perfect for more intimate dining experiences such as private dinners, corporate functions and special celebrations for up to 10 guests.
- Views over the pool and terrace, the iconic lighthouse and the Indian Ocean.
Daily from 07:00am - 11:00pm
Mon - Fri: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Champagne or Sparkling Wine with freshly harvested oysters
Tel: +27 31 514 5018
Note: Our menus are not Kosher or Halaal
The Chukka Bar
Occupying the same spot for over 50 years, the Chukka Bar, is brimming over with old world charm, character and memories. Filled with Polo memorabilia, an intimate bar and comfortable lounging area, the Chukka Bar is a firm favourite with locals.
- Guests can enjoy an excellent selection of cigars, whiskey’s and specialist beers in comfort.
- Convivial and intimate ambience
- Own entrance
Daily from 08:00am - 11:00pm
Pukka Lamb Sandwich
This is a smoking venue
Direct access from parking area and hotel lobby
Our menus are not Kosher or Halaal
"I am emphatic about using the freshest ingredients available and prefer to source ingredients locally, where possible."
Executive Chef, Kevin Joseph
Look us up and join in at